Steve Georgiadis is a solicitor, barrister, mediator, arbitrator and Tribunal Member.
Steve’s prior experience is as Adviser to the Australian Public Service Commission, (APSC) and previously the Merit Protection & Review Agency (MPRA). Steve has undertaken review of breaches of the APS Code of Conduct providing strategies to help resolve people management issues at individual or organisational level.
His current work is with the Social Security Appeals Tribunal undertaking Administrative Review of decisions made by a number of Government Agencies including Centrelink and the Child Support Agency. Steve has been appointed to a number of Industrial Tribunals (both in NSW and SA) including the WC Tribunal SA and also for eight years on the WC Commission in NSW in a statutory appointment as Arbitrator. He is familiar with the industrial environment of Government Agencies and has wide ranging experience in conducting investigations and review of decisions involving people management issues and related areas.
Steve presently undertakes Independent Merits Review of maritime refugee arrivals and also holds statutory appointment on the Migration Review and Refugee Review Tribunals until 2016.
Steve’s qualifications include:
- B Sc; D Ed; LLB; GDLP; Master Degree of Conflict Management (University of SA);
- Prof Cert in Arbitration (University of Adelaide); Professionally Graded Arbitrator
- (IAMA Grade 2) and Nationally Accredited Mediator (National Mediator Accreditation System – NMAS).
- Statutory appointment with various Tribunals (State and Commonwealth);
- Approved on Law Society SA list of Mediators. LEADR and IAMA trained and accredited (NMAS);
- Listed on the Supreme Court of SA list of Mediators;
- Member of Disputes Panel for Flinders University;
- Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (Cth);
- LEADR and IAMA coach/ trainer in ADR;
- Bar Reader alumni (SA Bar Association);
- Member of the Council of Australasian Tribunals (COAT) and Executive Committee Member of the Australian Institute of Judicial Administration (AIJA SA Chapter).
Steve has over sixteen years experience in dispute resolution as Arbitrator / Conciliator / Mediator / Investigator and Tribunal Member. Over 2000 mediations /arbitrations conducted to date including in the areas of injury compensation / industrial, merits review, superannuation, equal opportunity, disability, social security, tenancy, family law and commercial disputes.
Steve would be happy to discuss or assist in any dispute resolution services you may require. Please feel free to make contact.Read CV
Categories: ADR, All Australia, All Skills, Arbitrator, Commercial Resolution, Conciliator, Expert Determiner, Investigator, Mediator, NSW, Solicitor, South Australia, Workers Compensation, Workplace Law